Less Wordy Wednesday #2

We’ve had a marshmallow world outside our living room window this March. There is very little evidence that spring is nigh.

Though tired of red noses and  dry skin, even I can admit the charm of snow sparkling in the trees as the sun rises.

Everything looks fresh and bright. It is quite different from the snow of February, which quickly turned brown with mud from the rain.

I’ve always preferred snow to rain. It is easier to walk with ice under one’s feet than with water sliding under one’s collar. I think Shiva agrees.

If we have to deal with winter for a while longer, I am grateful I at least have something to photograph.

Important update: A good friend and fellow blogger is in need of our support today. If you’ve ever felt like giving up on your dog completely, please take a moment to read this post and offer your kindest words of encouragement. Dog ownership is never easy, especially in the world of rescue. Let’s let this warm and giving woman know she is not alone.

21 Comments on Less Wordy Wednesday #2

1. sara
    March 7, 2012 at 9:06 am (2 years ago)

Looks so pretty.

2. Georgia Little Pea
    March 7, 2012 at 9:43 am (2 years ago)

Oh wow! Very nice! Those look almost like black and white shots. I’m assuming they’re not.

I know so little about snow but I would have thought that ice would be quite hard to walk on. Isn’t it killer slippery? We’re having a lot of rain under our collars here these last 2 weeks. You might have heard on CNN? ;p
    Georgia Little Pea recently posted..The case of the missing bovine tibia.My Profile

3. Chezianne
    March 7, 2012 at 9:45 am (2 years ago)

I really wanted to experience spring…The photos you have here are really good shots…When I am on your situation, I will take a lot of photos too…
    Chezianne recently posted..Chalet 1802My Profile

March 7, 2012 at 9:58 am (2 years ago)

Really stunning pictures Kristine. I used to hate winter, but being a pet sitter allowed me to see so much beauty in it that now I love it. We have hardly any snow here, so I loved seeing your pictures.
    melF recently posted..Wordless Wednesday #81My Profile

5. Donna and the Dogs
    March 7, 2012 at 11:41 am (2 years ago)

Gorgeous photos! We haven’t had much winter this year, so thanks for the reminder of what all that white stuff looks like!
    Donna and the Dogs recently posted..Labs are Number One…My Profile

March 7, 2012 at 12:01 pm (2 years ago)

Kristine, you are so so sweet to repost. Please know I am in a far better place today than I was when I wrote that post! Thank you so much for thinking and caring about me! I knew that you would understand having been there yourself once!

You do have some really beautiful pictures and I have to agree with you, snow isn’t all that bad to walk in if you are properly dressed. I don’t normally mind walking in the rain either, as long as it isn’t torrentially down pouring.
    Jodi recently posted..Defeated And Lost – Part TwoMy Profile

March 7, 2012 at 2:27 pm (2 years ago)

Lovely photos. Hope it warms up for you soon.

8. Sarah
    March 7, 2012 at 4:00 pm (2 years ago)

It’s 60 and sunny here today. :P

• Sarah
      March 7, 2012 at 4:01 pm (2 years ago)

Comment luv changed my “sticking out my tongue at you” face to a regular ol’ smiley face. :-P (still trying to stick my tongue out at you)
      Sarah recently posted..Happy Birthday Hurley!My Profile

9. Barb
    March 7, 2012 at 6:57 pm (2 years ago)

I love the snowy photos, looks like Shiva enjoys the snow!
    Going to check out the link to a fellow blogger now.
    Barb recently posted..Finnegan The SquirrelMy Profile

10. Sammy Sam
    March 7, 2012 at 10:30 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Kristine, it’s cloudy or partly sunny out here today. Yesterday was cold but sunny and tomorrow will be much like today and then of course rain, but warmer temperatures. My dad isn’t too keen on rain because I take him out for long walks. It doesn’t matter what it’s doing outside, I like to be out and it looks like Shiva likes being outside too.
    Sammy Sam recently posted..Sammy’s Simple Pleasures 2012 – Rain WalkiesMy Profile

11. 2browndawgs
    March 7, 2012 at 10:37 pm (2 years ago)

Very pretty pictures. Shiva looks really nice against the white background. We never had much snow this winter. High 60′s F today.
    2browndawgs recently posted..Wordless Wednesday–Play NiceMy Profile

12. AnnaLou
    March 7, 2012 at 11:03 pm (2 years ago)

I love the photos you have taken here…Congratulations!
    AnnaLou recently posted..One DevonshireMy Profile

13. Sheila
    March 8, 2012 at 7:02 am (2 years ago)

Its nice to see that ice are melting nice sharing of photograph..
    Sheila recently posted..Freelance Writer DevonMy Profile

14. Nicole
    March 8, 2012 at 10:49 am (2 years ago)

It’s really like marshmallows! Snows are really awesome.. I love it! :) Thanks for sharing this!
    Nicole recently posted..loan insuranceMy Profile

15. Danyelle Franciosa
    March 12, 2012 at 1:53 am (2 years ago)

Snows are really cool. It seems that Shiva had a great time in snow and he looks cute! :)
    Danyelle Franciosa recently posted..Bifold DoorsMy Profile

16. Diane45
    March 17, 2012 at 1:08 am (2 years ago)

Looks like a marshmallow..Thanks for sharing this to us..
    Diane45 recently posted..Buy vimax volume pillsMy Profile