We Have Arrived!

Even though our official moving day was Sunday, I couldn’t consider this new house a home until everything was back to normal. Meaning, until we had full internet access.

Priorities, people.

The move itself was typically insane. I say typically because it seems when we do things, we do them in the worst possible way in the shortest amount of time. Planners we are not. Organized we are not. Yet somehow everything always comes together and we get the job done. Maybe most people would move on a day their practically husbands aren’t working midnight shifts. And maybe others would enlist help with loading and unloading a 26 foot Uhaul. There may even be some who take their time. But those people are wusses who clearly don’t have what it takes.

Pay no attention to the dozen bruises on my right arm.

Not to mention the ones on my legs.

Ahem.

Of what I am most proud is the fact our animals survived the stress of a complete environmental change without any major issues. They did have a brief skirmish while we were packing that involved a cat being pinned by a dog paw, but other than giving me my first gray hairs, nothing irreparable occurred. Shiva seems to think of the new house as her home and The Cat, well, The Cat is probably plotting yet one more evil scheme. All is as it should be.

There are a lot of exciting discoveries I’d like to share with you. After only two and a half days I have a lot of stories to tell. They will all have to wait. For now, I am just going to sit on the deck and enjoy.

How was your weekend?

24 Comments on We Have Arrived!

1. Tena
    July 3, 2012 at 7:40 pm (2 years ago)

I’m super excited for you guys! House looks great! Glad the move went as smoothly as possible and that you have had any four-legged mutinies!
    Tena recently posted..How to Create a Reactive Dog…My Profile

2. sara, oreo and chewy
    July 3, 2012 at 7:50 pm (2 years ago)

What a cute house!

Moving sucks, glad you all survived! Now have a nice cold beer on your new deck :) Cheers.

3. Georgia Little Pea
    July 3, 2012 at 7:58 pm (2 years ago)

Your new house looks mighty sweet and I see Shiva is already doing front porch duty. Good girl!

Well done on moving everything yourself! What’s a few dozen bruises and bumps and an exhausted PH compared to saving 100 bucks for a removalist? Or a crate of beer for a few helpful mates, which is how we would do it here? Your priorities are in a fine place, Ms T! Now enjoy :) X

P.S. my weekend was good. My weekdays so far, eventful lol.
    Georgia Little Pea recently posted..So here I am.My Profile

4. Brian
    July 3, 2012 at 8:21 pm (2 years ago)

Congrats, that is a major milestone and all worked out nicely!
    Brian recently posted..Togetherness TuesdayMy Profile

5. Roberta
    July 3, 2012 at 8:29 pm (2 years ago)

What a very sweet house with a beautiful dog! I’m not a planner, either, so understand your pain (and that of the PH’s lack of sleep). Congratulations!
    Roberta recently posted..A Very Special BirthdayMy Profile

July 3, 2012 at 8:34 pm (2 years ago)

Moving is the worst! I am very organized and try to plan everything – and for every contingency. Which is especially frustrating while moving because it’s impossible to be in complete control! The thought of standing in a kitchen debating which cupboard is best suited to hold the cereal bowls is both exciting and daunting. But glad you survived and can’t wait to hear tales of the new neighbourhood!
    Jen K recently posted..If Pets Are ProductsMy Profile

7. 2 Punk Dogs
    July 3, 2012 at 9:07 pm (2 years ago)

Congrats on surviving the move! You had previously mentioned a fenced backyard, can’t wait to see pics of Shiva in it.
    2 Punk Dogs recently posted..Serena’s Gotcha DayMy Profile

8. Jen
    July 4, 2012 at 12:19 am (2 years ago)

yay, congrats on your completed move! Moving is a big pain and I’d almost rather burn my belongings out back than do it again. We’ll see which happens.
    Jen recently posted..The Funny Thing About Counter ConditioningMy Profile

9. Jen
    July 4, 2012 at 12:36 am (2 years ago)

Perfect! It sounds like with a little sweat and bruises you did it!
    Congratulations and I can’t wait to hear the stories to come!
    Jen recently posted..Even Big Guys Sleep With Teddy BearsMy Profile

July 4, 2012 at 12:56 am (2 years ago)

What an adorable house!! Shiva looks perfectly comfortable on her new porch! I am one of those crazy people that will not rest until every box is unpacked and everything is in place :) I hope you bruises heal quickly – can’t wait to hear more about it! I celebrated my birthday over the weekend – probably a little less stressful than your weekend! Congrats!!
    Julie recently posted..Furtography FridayMy Profile

July 4, 2012 at 3:30 am (2 years ago)

So glad you are in your new place. It looks lovely. Also glad you are taking time to actually enjoy it.

Looking forward to hearing all about your new area.

12. Donna and the Dogs
    July 4, 2012 at 10:23 am (2 years ago)

I love the new place….a little white house, just like ours! Congrats, and glad you survived the move with nothing more than a few bruises. :-)
    Donna and the Dogs recently posted..Too Big for a Lap DogMy Profile

13. Pamela
    July 4, 2012 at 12:55 pm (2 years ago)

Yay! I hope you enjoy your new place. And it sounds like, along with your battle scars, you have plenty of stories already.

Yep, I remember when moving was an adventure. Once, to save money on a truck, we moved ourselves and a friend on the same day! good times. good times.
    Pamela recently posted..The Language of Poop is the Language of LoveMy Profile

14. Trude
    July 6, 2012 at 2:07 pm (2 years ago)

Such a cuuuute house! I’m jealous, porches are kinda rare around here. :) Glad the furry ones are feeling at home too!
    Trude recently posted..Friday With DanteMy Profile

15. one person's view
    July 6, 2012 at 2:37 pm (2 years ago)

One of the reasons we bought our curent house is because we already lived in the upstairs apartment, and only had to move downstairs to the main floor!

Moving is a curse. I hope not to do it again for several more years.
    one person’s view recently posted..NewcomersMy Profile