Less Wordy Wednesday – Best. Birthday Gift. Ever.

I’ve often joked that it’s a good thing Shiva is a mixed breed all her own. One Shiva is probably all the world can take. We don’t know if she had any siblings but I am inclined to think not. I am sure the screams would have ricocheted across the city by now.

However, I stand corrected. After opening my birthday present this year, I’ve determined two Shivas is actually a good thing.

Framed Shiva

Shiva herself agrees. Now she has someone to blame when we find garbage strewn all over the floor.

007

As lovely as the new Shiva is, though, I think I still prefer the original. There is one=hundred-percent more cat chasing with a classic Sheevs, but there are also at least as many cuddles.

009

36 Comments on Less Wordy Wednesday – Best. Birthday Gift. Ever.

February 20, 2013 at 10:20 am (1 year ago)

Wow, what a lovely portrait. Was this the PH’s birthday gift? Or Shiva’s?

One of the most meaningful things I’ve ever done is framed photos of each of my dogs. You’ll enjoy serene Shiva you’re entire life.
    Pamela | Something Wagging This Way Comes recently posted..Ready for SummerMy Profile

2. 2 Punk Dogs
    February 20, 2013 at 11:37 am (1 year ago)

The picture is gorgeous, it really captures Shiva’s happy face. Shiva herself seems a little suspicious of Shiva 2. :)
    2 Punk Dogs recently posted..FaceplantMy Profile

3. Elyse and Riley
    February 20, 2013 at 11:51 am (1 year ago)

That drawing is incredible! Looks just like her. It even manages to capture a little bit of mischief in her eyes! But we agree with you, the original Shiva (as crazy as she may be) is much more cuddlier than the framed form! :) Happy Wednesday!
    Elyse and Riley recently posted..All the TimeMy Profile

February 20, 2013 at 1:06 pm (1 year ago)

What a beautiful drawing and what an amazing gift.
    Jodi recently posted..One WordMy Profile

5. Leslie
    February 20, 2013 at 2:22 pm (1 year ago)

Wow – what a fabulous birthday gift!!! That picture is gorgeous!

(But given the silly looks Shiva 1.0 is making in all the accompanying photos, I still think she’s the most rockin’ hound in the house. She is just too cute.)
    Leslie recently posted..Reactive agility: An interview with the dogMy Profile

February 20, 2013 at 2:33 pm (1 year ago)

What a fab sketch of Shiva. Really got her likeness well.

I still prefer the real one:)

7. Kirsten
    February 21, 2013 at 4:50 pm (1 year ago)

The portrait is lovely, the original even more so. Hope it was a wonderful birthday!
    Kirsten recently posted..The mini-mini vanMy Profile

8. Blueberry's human
    February 21, 2013 at 4:58 pm (1 year ago)

What a wonderful portrait of Shiva!

I’ve probably seen one too many horror movies – but seriously, if that Shiva portrait jumps out of the frame…RUN!!! ;)
    Blueberry’s human recently posted..Unusual Weatha’ We’re Havin’My Profile

9. Dog Care
    February 22, 2013 at 4:42 am (1 year ago)

very nice portrait and i really love it so much. and also it was a wonderful present and the dog is really cute.
    Dog Care recently posted..Dog Care TipsMy Profile

10. Adrian Meli
    February 28, 2013 at 10:39 pm (1 year ago)

Wow, what a great portrait-really captures Shiva’s essence!