Less Wordy Wednesday – Look for the Light

There isn’t anything particularly exciting about the below pictures. No unique poses or set-ups. Yet I am so thrilled to have taken them. For the first time in what feels like eons it has been light enough to pull out the camera during our morning walks.

009

It’s a late winter miracle!

003

And there is grass! Do you see that? Sure, it’s brown and dead but it is lovely to see spaces that are not covered in snow.

004

With the increasing light, I have to believe the worst is over. March is only a few short days away. Good things are coming, I am sure of it.

008

17 Comments on Less Wordy Wednesday – Look for the Light

1. Gizmo (@GizmoGeodog)
    February 28, 2013 at 9:17 am (1 year ago)

Our walks are getting lighter too…Spring is a wonderful time and after your long cold winter I can imagine how happy you are to see it end…I left you a little something on my blog today…Hope you like it
    Gizmo (@GizmoGeodog) recently posted..BEST DOG GAME EVER – WORDLESS WEDNESDAYMy Profile

2. Jan Keefe
    February 28, 2013 at 9:59 am (1 year ago)

I admire that you get up and walk in the early morning…even when it’s been dark! So glad that you are getting the light now….Spring is coming! :)
    Jan Keefe recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – WaitingMy Profile

3. Emily @ Adventures of a Dog Mom
    February 28, 2013 at 11:15 am (1 year ago)

We’ve been starting to notice that it’s getting lighter earlier and darker later… this is very exciting for us because it means more walks w/ the pups!

Love the first pic. it looks so peaceful.
    Emily @ Adventures of a Dog Mom recently posted..Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

4. Leslie
    February 28, 2013 at 11:45 am (1 year ago)

Looks like everyone’s dreaming of Spring this week. :)

Lovely pics. I’ve noticed it’s been getting lighter in the evening when I get home to walk Bella, too. Summer’s coming…
    Leslie recently posted..Wordless Wednesday 80 – Spring greenMy Profile

5. jan
    February 28, 2013 at 12:46 pm (1 year ago)

Spring comes in February here, but it’s a fickle spring. One day we’re back in winter and the next is the wonderful promise of the world of light. I wonder if dogs notice that there are more light hours now.
    jan recently posted..What breed gets into the most poison substances?My Profile

6. Jessica
    February 28, 2013 at 9:25 pm (1 year ago)

Spring is coming! Hooray!

We lived in Massachusetts for a while, and it was the first time I really understood why people got so excited about it. It’s just so *crushing* to leave for work in the dark and come home in the dark, every day for months. I’m glad you’re seeing the sun again!
    Jessica recently posted..The Bad Side of Food AllergiesMy Profile

7. Joanna
    March 1, 2013 at 2:57 am (1 year ago)

I really do enjoy waking up to light at 7am instead of darkness. I go to work and there’s light AND I’m coming home (or at least, going to the gym) and it’s light! (by the time I leave the gym it’s dark… lol)

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Less Wordy Wednesday – Look for the Light