Announcing a Change of Scenery

Gosh, I have been so good with this whole NaBloPoMo thing until now. It’s the first time I really am sneaking in an attempt at writing only slightly before the stroke of midnight. Not bad considering there is only one week left. I’m doing much better than I expected.

I have a good excuse so even if I hadn’t managed to slide open my laptop before Friday ended, I would have given myself a pass. After all, I just spent the last two hours in conversation about art and writing with a literary genius. Well, a literary genius and the 1,699 other people in the audience. Oh, and Alanis Morissette was there too. Regardless, I figure if I just soaked in two hours worth of advice from a woman I have admired since I was a teenager, I can be forgiven for being too spellbound and overwhelmed to have a whole lot to say myself.

Besides, there is something more important going on here than my inner wranglings and my sudden onset of celebrity-star-struckedness. I don’t know if anyone has noticed but there have been a few changes around here. A house-cleaning, if you will – a simplification. The Art of AJ has done it again. Thanks to her magical work, I am so pleased to show off Rescued Insanity – The Next Generation!

Or something much less cheesy.

It’s cleaner, it’s brighter, and it’s a whole lot more comfortable. The new look feels a bit like a liberation. There is so much room to kick off my boots and flail around. The furniture has been pushed aside and it is time to dance! I’ve always flirted with the line between pet blog and personal blog and now I feel like the scenery matches the direction. It’s a new era, in a way, with one hundred percent more authenticity and without losing an ounce of Shiva.

Thank you for sticking with me after all this time. For listening to my stories and hanging in there when they dried up. The Petosphere is a beautiful place. I am so grateful you still consider me a member. And thank you to AJ Emm for putting it all together so quickly. Everyone of you means a lot to me. I definitely could not and would not have pulled through alone.

Happy Friday!

18 Comments on Announcing a Change of Scenery

November 23, 2013 at 1:36 pm (8 months ago)

Always nice to have a change.

2. Jen
    November 23, 2013 at 7:15 pm (8 months ago)

It looks great Kristine!

So jealous of what you were doing and who you were in the company of! Awesome!

3. houndstooth
    November 24, 2013 at 2:30 am (8 months ago)

I love the new look, and I see that it’s an adaptive theme! Congrats on attending such a cool event, too! Now I feel like a big slacker for sitting around on the couch for the past two weeks.
    houndstooth recently posted..Nurse Flattery On DutyMy Profile

November 24, 2013 at 5:13 am (8 months ago)

Meant to say something yesterday about the new look. It’s very fresh looking.

It’s almost pretty enough to make me forgive you for the big tease–who’s the literary genius you heard speak? :)
    Pamela | Something Wagging This Way Comes recently posted..What Makes Your Dog Happy?My Profile

5. Jessica
    November 24, 2013 at 6:27 am (8 months ago)

Looking great! And it’s good to have you back posting again, no matter what the blog looks like.
    Jessica recently posted..New RoutineMy Profile

6. Jenn
    November 24, 2013 at 6:30 am (8 months ago)

Once a member, always a member.
    TNG looks good!

7. Maggie
    November 25, 2013 at 5:10 am (8 months ago)

I love it!! It really feels super fresh and fun. So happy for you!
    Maggie recently posted..And the winners are…My Profile

8. Callie, Shadow, and Ducky's Mom
    November 25, 2013 at 5:12 am (8 months ago)

Love the new, fresh-clean look! And, as Jenn said, “once a member, always a member”… at least YOU have a good reason. I’ve just been a “slacker”.

November 26, 2013 at 2:13 am (8 months ago)

It looks lovely! I want a redesign but right now it’s not possible. It’s fresh and clean!
    Jodi recently posted..Strange Doin’sMy Profile

November 27, 2013 at 2:19 am (8 months ago)

Thank you! I have to say, I think your site looks pretty fantastic the way it is!