Shiva the dog is nuts. You know that already. She does everything at Mach 1346-X. I wish I was joking. If we had children, we would have to give them up because there is no way we’d have time to look after them as well as this dog.
Yes, she is just that exhausting.
Which is fine, because after a year and a half, we’re pretty used to it. Ho hum, there she goes, tearing after the cat again. Doo doo, yep, that’s Shiva jumping over a six-foot fence. Yawn. Oh? That dog? The one that just walked on two legs while chasing a bird and navigating a set of weaves? Yes, that would be Shiva.
That’s Shiva. Normal Shiva. Not a big deal. The last couple days, however, she’s turned into Manic Shiva. I don’t know if it’s the sudden drop in temperature or that we’ve kept her locked in the dungeon, but her behaviour has been more than exhausting.
What’s a better word? Prostrating? Debilitating? Tuckered out-ing?
There will be no photos of that dog on here today because I don’t want to give her any reinforcement. They’d probably just be gray blurry masses anyway.
Do not weep, friends. In the place of my usual dog love, I’m going to brag about myself instead.
I won an award!
It’s the Doggie Bloggie Award from Dog Foster Mom. Her site is fantastic and the work she is doing for dog rescue is humbling. The generosity she has is something to which everyone should aspire. I’d like to thank her, truly, for thinking my dorky site is worthy of her attention. Go check out her blog. Seriously.
Dog Foster Mom had actually been kind enough give me this honourable prize a few weeks ago. I in my selfish, unappreciative laziness did nothing about it. There are responsibilities attached to these things and I have not held up my end.
Here are the rules of the Doggie Bloggie Award:
1) Thank the person who gave the award and link to them.
2) Name 10 things about yourself-creative, weird, enticing, whatever.
3) Award 15 doggie bloggers-whoever you think deserves this regardless of whether they are old or new.
4) Share the love with the doggie bloggers you award by commenting on their site.
5) Finally, have a great time! After all, doggies are nothing if not fun!
Since I am doubting anyone really wants to hear more about me and how tired I am, I’m going to cheat and skip number two. Let’s get to the good parts, shall we?
Link love! In a completely random order, here are the blogs to whom I bequeath this Doggie Bloggie Award.
- West – I’ve been following the story of this adorable border collie rescue since I read about him on 3 Woofs & a Woo.
- Tucker Tells All – This is a new blog in the online dog world and is written by a very cute Powderpuff Chinese Crested. Though I suspect he’s trained his human guardian to do the typing for him.
- The Circus Dog – It sounds like Lola and Shiva may have a lot in common.
- One Cat Per Person – Okay, so it’s not technically a doggie blog. I just really enjoy reading it and felt like sharing the wealth.
- Of Pit Bulls and Patience – Skye is the sweetest looking butterfly I have ever seen.
- Kenzo the Hovawart – Until recently, I didn’t even know what a Hovawart was and now I think I want one.
- Feeling Beachie – Not a dog blog either but Alex the cat is too awesome to miss.
- Browndog CBR – Hawkeye can turn on a dime. Shiva could learn a lot from him about coming when she’s called.
- A Poodle and a Pit Bull – And now a rabbit! I don’t know how she does it.
- The Life of Eva the Sheltie – My trainer often jokes that Shelties are naturals at everything they attempt. After reading this blog, I’m convinced.
- The Koda Diaries – Another new blog, and I love the author’s sense of humour.
- How I Lost My Sanity – Could there be a better title?
- Twenty-six To Life – Awesome dogs and an awesome life list. Kate’s posts are always a good read.
- Reactive Champion – Someone else I think I have a lot in common with. Maisy is one of the most photogenic dogs I’ve ever seen. Gorgeous!
- The Active Dog Chronicles – Danny the Kelpie is so cute and his guardians have some helpful advice for those with hyper-active dogs. I wouldn’t know anyone like that, I’m sure.
I know I missed way too many bloggers. This isn’t even scratching the surface of how many I read on a regular basis. So if I missed you, I hereby give you permission to grant yourself the award! I’m sure Dog Foster Mom would be okay with that. After all, as the rules dictate, and I always follow the rules, it’s about having a great time.