I seem to be in the habit of “borrowing” other people’s ideas lately. The inspiration for this Friday’s list came from Cordelia Calls it Quits. Here’s to freestyling!
1. Opening a brand new package of coffee beans
2. Discovering it’s not as cold outside as I expected
3. Surprise text messages from friends and family
4. Winter boots
6. The people kind enough to read this list all the way through.
7. My dog’s circle-wagging tail
8. Soft blankets
9. Hot chocolate after a long walk in the snow
10. Watching a favourite movie for the 569705th time
11. Looking forward to Christmas
12. The purring of a cat
14. Unexpected compliments
15. Sleeping in until the sun comes up
16. Fresh hair-cuts
17. Presenting my dog with a new toy
18. Reading inspirational posts like this one
19. The colour green
20. Crossing everything off my mental “to-do” list. The same day I made said list.
22. Photos of dogs having a blast together
23. Learning I get one extra day of holidays this year
24. Discovering a new radio station I adore
25. Getting rid of things I don’t need
26. The boss going on a Starbucks run
27. Holiday gift guides
29. Knowing I don’t have to convince the husband to get another dog after all because he’s so awesome he could have a list of his own.
30. Orange-scented anything
31. My dog rubbing her face to let me know she’s tired.
And I’m going to add a bonus #32: Realizing I could go on forever and ever and ever.
Tomorrow the Metro Shelter of the SPCA is holding a fundraiser at Chapters. For $15.00 you can get a photo taken of your pet with Santa Claus. Ordinarily I don’t go in for such cheesy stuff, but it’s for such a good cause… I can’t believe I am actually thinking about putting Shiva through the exquisite torture of standing near a stranger in a public book store. Imagine the adorableness of it all! Imagine the look on poor Santa’s face when she tries to eat him! Imagine the blog fodder!
Should we stay or should we go? That is the question.