With the dog, my job, my blog, my chores, my laziness, I have been neglecting my life list. I haven’t even looked at it in months. A re-prioritization is in order. In the meantime, the charming Miss Little Maple Red Leaf of Happy Bark Days left a comment on that page that got me thinking. If Shiva was capable of sitting still long enough to write something, what would be on her Life List? After carefully observing her behaviour for almost two years exactly, I feel capable of answering for her. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, Sheevs.
1. Spend an hour alone with the garbage can.
2. Finally catch a duck.
3. Convince The Cat I am lots of fun.
4. Kill all of the toys in the box, especially that dastardly Tuffy Toy.
5. Learn how to open the refrigerator door.
6. Learn how to jump the baby gate.
7. Shove my way into the tiny space where the cat food is stored. I know I can fit through the hole. I just need to find the right angle.
8. Eat every edible and non-edible thing I can find on a walk.
9. Sniff every dog in the world.
10. Get Mia to like me.
11. Convince my humans to leave me outside the crate when they are out and then destroy everything I can find. Mwahahahaha!
12. Figure out that silly pole game (Shiva may or may not agree with this one.)
13. Discover where that smell is coming from.
As far as I can tell, that’s all she’s come up with so far. What do you think would be on your dog’s Life List?