Like any true nerd, I have my favourite words. There are some I really enjoy the feel of as they roll off my tongue. The word “versatile” is one such word. That’s why I was so proud and honoured to be awarded The Versatile Blogger Award!
I am always stunned when someone passes something like this on. It’s a wonderful feeling to know I have touched others, even if it’s just with my silly Shiva stories. As I’ve said before and will probably say again, one of the best parts of blogging is the connections I have made with others all over the world. It was an unexpected perk and one I take to heart.
Great thanks go out to Gone For A Walk, a fellow Canadian with a killer sense of humour. Also to Jodi Stone, an agility superstar with two seriously impressive dogs. Lastly, I’d also like to thank Life With Sophie who impresses me every day with all of her accomplishments.
Enough of that mushy stuff!
Naturally, there are some requirements for accepting this award. Since I hate following the rules, I am going to make up my own. And there is nothing you can do about it.
It says to list seven random things about yourself. I babble enough about myself in this space, I think. Instead I am giving Shiva the floor to list some of the things she likes and dislikes about me. It’s a good thing she can’t read or write so I can take full editorial privileges!
1. The Female Person is not very stingy with the treats. If I widen my eyes I can usually get a piece of everything she eats.
2. She gives good pets. Though I wish she wouldn’t try to pet me in front of other dogs or when I am trying to work. It’s so embarrassing!
3. She usually lets me sniff as much as I want. Unfortunately, she has this annoying habit of not wanting to be late for work. As if there is anything more important than finding out exactly which dog last peed on the fire hydrant.
4. She gives me a loaded Kong every single day. I hate that the only way I get it is when she leaves the house but it’s better than not getting it at all.
5. We play lots and lots of fun games. I’d like to play more, of course, but I guess I can’t have it all. I kind of miss that silly game with the jumping box. It’s much better than the silly game with the poles. That one I only play because it makes her happy. (And because I normally get good treats!)
6. She always makes sure there is a blanket on the couch for me to lay on. Obviously I can’t be expected to lay on the couch without a blanket. I am a dog, after all, and have certain needs.
7. She pretends to get mad when I jump on her but secretly I know she really likes it.
Sure, Sheevs, sure.
Now is the best part! It is time to pass on the award to fifteen newly discovered blogs. As I don’t get as much time to read lately as I’d like not all of these blogs are new to me, but all of them are definitely versatile!
In no particular order, the winners are…
Even if your name isn’t listed and you are an awesome pet blogger, consider this award yours! Because in my opinion, if you are creative enough to write about your beloved furry companion, you are incredibly versatile!