Shiva and I are in recovery mode after a nutty weekend ending with more agility madness. I hope to have another video out to you soon. But for now all I want to do is sleep and then sleep some more. Given that I am not a dog, this will probably not be possible.
To make up for my utter lack of creativity this morning, I will share some of my favourite links. They are all worth checking out, if you have a chance. And I promise you none of these writers are just whining about how tired they are.
– Kenzo the Hovawart shares seven of his best posts. Considering he has written on many vital topics over the last year, from BSL to dog fighting, you know every one is a winner.
– The inspirational Brené Brown interviewed Gretchen Rubin, author of The Happiness Project. I am always blown away when I learn people like Ms. Rubin, who seem to have it so together, struggle with some of the same things I do.
– If you haven’t been following Doggie Stylish’s Dexter Files, you are missing out on some serious Vizsla puppy cuteness.
– Champion of My Heart posted an interesting training challenge that has given me pause. Is it dangerous to turn a dog’s natural calming signals into a fun trick?
– I love this idea and wish I had thought of it myself. Donna and the Dogs has put together a list of criteria for pet stores. A rating system like the one she proposes may help raise awareness in the public about the plight of animals living in these commercial conditions. The more people that pay attention, hopefully the more pet stores will make positive changes.
– Because I know we can all relate a little too well, this post by Kahuna’s K9s had me laughing out loud. The judgment, it is annoying.
– Here is a great DIY leash project from the always-entertaining Kol’s Notes. With Shiva’s recent track record, I may have to try this myself.
To bed, to bed, to bed…