– Last night Shiva and I passed three dogs in a row on the same sidewalk. Two of them were little dogs on long leashes. Shortly after we passed two more dogs. One that turned the corner in front of us and took us both by surprise. There was no lunging, no pulling, no whining. The Drunken Master wins again! Canine Good Neighbour, here we come!
– Did you know there was such a thing as a Peanut Sniffing Dog? I happened upon this website by accident. Apparently there is a training facility in Florida to teach dogs to assist people with life threatening allergies. I need to send them an email because I have a born peanut sniffer right here beside me on the couch. I don’t know how Shiva does it but on every single walk she is somehow able to find at least one peanut. We’re talking a whole peanut, shell and all. She finds them everywhere: the city, the beach, the forest, our backyard, pet stores. I have no idea where they come from. As far as I know peanuts do not grow in Nova Scotia. There must be some sort of peanut fairy that randomly leaves them for her to find. It’s pretty cool she might be able to put this random ability to good use.
– This was the second time in a row that Shiva has woken me up at 3 am to go outside. It’s completely out of character and I am a little concerned. She’s never had a problem sleeping through the night without a potty break. If it continues I might have to call the vet. I don’t want to freak out unnecessarily but it’s just really weird behaviour for her.
– There is a doggie bar opening in Aurora, Ontario. The owner describes it as the Starbucks for pet lovers and I hope it becomes the next big trend. It would be fantastic to have something like that here! If you live and the HRM and have the cash, please take the hint. I think a similar business would do very well. Though, I can’t imagine taking Shiva. She doesn’t exactly understand proper table etiquette. We would have to teach her it’s rude to drool over another dog’s plate. Not to mention her embarrassing table jumping habits.
– Shiva received a surprise in the mail yesterday! The very generous Karen of Doggie Stylish sent her another lovely new collar. I was so stunned, I didn’t even notice how special the collar was until I read the note.
I don’t know if you can tell but the pattern is a series of agility obstacles! Is that not the coolest thing ever? There is even a little dog performing each obstacle – with great form too, I should add. All of Shiva’s agility human and canine friends are going to be incredibly jealous. I can’t wait to show it off! Thanks Karen! And thanks as well for adding the extra ring. You know Shiva all too well.