With all the super-sweet, happy, warm, and grateful Thanksgiving posts that are filling up the interwebs this week, I decided I should offer an alternative. For one thing, I am Canadian and I already wrote my sentimental post in October. For another, I slept in an extra twenty minutes this morning and my day has kind of gone downhill from there. Since they say it’s healthier to release one’s emotions than hold them in, I am taking a break from my usual optimistic attitude (hahahahahaha!). If you would rather my griping didn’t ruin you happy holiday mood, please feel free to click away.
What I am Not Grateful For:
- I am not grateful I had to work yesterday. I am kind of grateful it’s Friday, but not really because I have to work on the weekend as well.
- I am not grateful I missed the new Peanuts special last night. No Happiness is a Warm Blanket for me.
- I am not grateful WordPress decided to kick me out halfway through writing this post, forcing me to start over.
- I am not grateful for the slight melt yesterday. It just froze again overnight and created a nice layer of ice on top of the snow. Which is oh-so-fun to walk on with a tornado on a leash. A tornado that can prance on top without difficulty while I expend the energy of ten steps in one.
- I am not grateful for my flat-iron. It decided to start on fire this morning, just for kicks. So not only am I wearing mis-matching socks because I don’t have time to search for matching ones, buy my hair is half-fuzzy. Thanks.
- I am not grateful for my cat. His early Christmas present this morning was really unnecessary.
- I am not grateful for my cool sports injury. It’s still cool, but it also still hurts.
- I am not grateful for my procrastinating self. I have my cards ordered, but have yet to even plan what I am going to give everyone this year. My December 1st deadline is creeping ever closer.
- I am not grateful for coffee. Simply because I don’t have time to make any.
Huh. I actually do feel better now. Maybe all those people are right? There is nothing like a good vent! On that more cheerful note, I think I should make room for the things charming me right now:
- My dog sleeping quietly by my side. She is so cute with her eyes closed.
- My warm, fuzzy, red blanket.
- Hair elastics.
- Lindt chocolate for breakfast.
- The whole Lindt website is actually making me happy. Even the pretty intro music. I recommend clicking on it.
- The birds playing at my neighbour’s bird feeder.
- Twinkle lights.
Is there anything you’d like to complain about? I would love to hear it!